At various times, the PCA forms sub-committees to address issues of concern and of interest within the community.
The PCA currently has a Planning Sub-committee to address local development matters. It has had input into a number of important documents:
- An expression of interest to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) in the development of the Statement of Planning Policy which is a vital part of the incorporation of the Bellarine as a Distinctive Area and Landscape.
- A statement in relation to the above (draft stage). PCA Settlement Strategy Amendments Submission
- The PCA’s Town Planning Guide. PCA Town Planning Guide
- Guidelines for the PCA becoming involved in formal submissions on planning issues (draft stage).
- Submission to the City of Greater Geelong re the proposed amendment to the City of Greater Geelong Planning Strategy (C395).
- The group has drawn up a grid summarising the appropriate PCA responses in varying planning situations. To view the grid click on the link PCA Planning Response Guide (13_11_19)
49 Newcombe Street Sub-committee
The 49 Newcombe Street Sub-committee was formed in 2023 and is currently advocating for an appropriate resolution for the development proposal at 49 Newcombe Street.
Community Hub Sub-committee
The Community Hub Sub-committee was formed in 2022 to provide input into a City of Greater Geelong Scoping Survey regarding a purpose-built community hub.