At various times, the PCA forms sub-committees to address issues of concern and or interest within the community.
During 2019, a Planning sub-committee was formed and led by Chair, Murray Buchanan. The purpose of the sub-committee was to develop a number of important documents:
- An expression of interest to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) in the development of the Statement of Planning Policy which is a vital part of the invorporation of the Bellarine as a Distinctive Area and Landscape.
- A statement in relation to the above (draft stage). PCA Settlement Strategy Amendments Submission
- The PCA’s Town Planning Guide. PCA Town Planning Guide
- Guidelines for the PCA becoming involved in formal submissions on planning issues (draft stage).
- Submission to the City of Greater Geelong re the proposed amendment to the City of Greater Geelong Planning Strategy (C395).
- The group has drawn up a grid summarising the appropriate PCA responses in varying planning situations. To view the grid click on the link PCA Planning Response Guide (13_11_19)